Wind / Renewable
The global market for wind energy is undergoing rapid expansion due to increasing demand for electrical energy and mounting environmental concerns. Wind energy represents the fastest growing energy technology globally with projected growth rates exceeding 25% over the next five years. There are a wide variety of variables that are driving the development of Wind Power technology.
Did you know?
- The demand for electricity is rapidly accelerating. Over the next 25 years, the world’s growing energy needs will require the construction of more generating capacity than has been built in the past 100 years.
- Wind is one of the cleanest forms of energy. It is a non-polluting alternative with no emissions or waste heat by-products.
- Wind is a naturally occurring resource that requires minimal processing to convert to usable energy.
- Wind is an inexhaustible resource that features exceptional long term price stability attributes.
- The environmental impact of thermal power generation coupled with the inherent volatility associated with those resources, continue to stimulate the development of Wind Power and other forms of clean energy.
- Technological advancements have effectively positioned wind power as an affordable alternative to non-renewable fuels such as coal, oil and gas.
- Wind Energy development represents a proven economic growth strategy that benefits area employment, expands the tax base for rural municipalities and produces income for the landowners.
Many states, including New York have adopted an aggressive posture regarding the development of renewable energy alternatives. In fact, New York has established a renewable portfolio standard that is designed to ensure that 25% of the states electricity will be generated from renewable energy sources by 2013. Many other states have developed similar initiatives. To date, over 93% of the new generating capacity installed on a national level has been Wind Power, which is typically the most cost competitive renewable option.
At HMT, we have a proven track record of experience within the Wind Power and Renewable Energy segment including the start-up and commissioning of the Maple Ridge Wind Farm in New York, the Mountaineer Wind Farm in West Virginia, the Locust Ridge Wind Farm in Pennsylvania, and the Benton County Wind Farm in Indiana. At the time, the Mountaineer Wind Project was classified as the largest wind farm erected along the east coast, generating 66 megawatts of clean electricity. With a total potential capacity of 300 megawatts, the Maple Ridge Wind Farm ranks as one of the largest projects constructed nationally. Our project engineers possess a high level of expertise relative to the design and project management aspects of wind farm commissioning and development. Our technicians collectively represent some of the most knowledgable, experienced, and respected individuals serving the Wind Power industry. Whether your requirements are engineering/project management related, focused on the start-up/commissioning/acceptance testing segment of your project or centered on the on-going testing and maintenance phase, HMT has the direct project based experience, technical competency and overall capacity to provide effective solutions.